Why do the billed rates not match the contract?
As SSE migrates customers from their old system to their SSE Evolve system, customers will find that the invoiced rates don’t match up with those on the contract. Please do not panic, SSE have not changed the rates that they invoice you, they have just changed the way your contracted rates are displayed.
In brief, the main diﬀerences you should be aware of are:
- The Standing Charge will change to pence per day (p/day), and the total will vary month to month according to number of days in that month.
- Available capacity will change to p/kVA/day, and the total will vary month to month according to number of days in that month.
- All prices will move to 6 decimal places.
- The Feed In Tariﬀ (FIT) will be included in the unit rate, so the p/kWh charge will be uplifted by the FIT p/kWh amount agreed on your contract.
Historically customers were billed a unit rate, i.e. a p/kWh rate, plus a FIT p/kWh charge. With the new system the unit rate(s) p/kWh and p/kWh FIT charge have been combined to streamline billing. Standing charges are no longer billed in £/month or £/quarter, they are billed in £/day. This means that the standing charge cost on the bills will vary slightly month to month as some months have more, and others fewer days in them. Capacity charges are no longer billed in £/kVa/month, they are billed in £/kVa/day.
To check you are billed correctly, use the below guides:
How to convert the rates that show on your contract to the rates that appear on bills issued from the new system:
- Take the contract Unit rate(s) p/kWh and add the FIT p/kWh to give the new billing system unit rate.
- Take the contract standing charge and multiply for 4 for quarterly billed, or 12 for monthly billed, then divide by 365 to give the new billing system £/day standing charge.
- Take the contract capacity charge and multiply by 12 and divide by 365 to give the new billing system £/kVa/day charge.
How to convert the rates that show bills issued from the new system to rates that appear on your contract:
- Take the billed Unit rate(s) p/kWh and minus the contract FIT p/kWh to give the Unit rate(s) on your contract.
- Take the billed standing charge and multiply by 365 then divide by 4 for quarterly billed, or 12 for monthly billed to give Standing charge as shown on your contract.
- Take the billed capacity charge £/kVa/day and multiply by 365 and divide by 12 to give the Capacity charge in £/kVa/month as shown on your contract.
If you already work with Direct Power and have questions about a specific invoice from the SSE Evolve new system, send a copy to your account manager for review. If you did not secure your current contract via Direct Power, we can still offer assistance, simply contact us and send us a copy of the current contract and invoice from SSE Evolve system so we can assist with a speedy verification.
If you suspect an error with any invoice issued from the SSE Evolve system please contact SSE directly and request a correction.